Vedic Maths or Vedic Mathematics is a collection of Methods or Sutras to solve numerical computations quickly and faster. It consists of 16 Sutras called Formulae and 13 sub-sutras called Sub Formulae, which can be applied to the solving of problems in arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, conics, etc. All the sutras and sub sutras of Vedic maths help to perform mathematical operations quickly and accurately.
Vedic Maths Benefits
The importance of Vedic Maths can be explained in various ways. The application of Vedic maths in the simplification of numerical problems is many times faster than the modern methods of calculations. Sometimes, this way of simplifying numerical calculations does not require paper and pen also. Thus, learning Vedic maths saves time and improves the interest in learning more applications of maths. Some of the benefits of Vedic mathematics sutras are listed below:
- Calculations become easy and short.
- Simplifications can be done in less time.
- Students undergo less mental stress.
- Results obtained by sutra-based methods can be easily verified with normal procedures.
- The possibility of committing errors by students using these sutras is negligible
- The use of sutras helps students to improve their knowledge and interest in the subject of mathematics.
- Vedic maths helps to solve hard problems using mental calculations.
Vedic Maths Tricks
Vedic maths has many tricks to perform different mathematical operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, squares, square roots, etc. All these tricks help to compute the numerical problems in very little time when compared to the normal maths procedures. Vedic maths tricks reduce the time in finishing the calculations and create interest in learning more such tricks. Let’s have a look at some of the tricks along with examples for a better understanding here.